Join Dutchess Community College’s Think Ahead program to develop job skills and life skills while enjoying a college experience! Classes will be held on DCC’s Poughkeepsie campus.
You’re a good fit for this program if you:
- Completed high school and are at least 18 years old
- Have long-term goals and job interests
- Want to have a job experience
- Live at home, independently or in a certified setting
- Resident of Dutchess County
- Have access to transportation to DCC’s Poughkeepsie campus
- Can cover basic expenses including:
- $25 per semester college fee
- Optional commuter meal plan is available at extra cost
In order to take advantage of the program you must:
1. Have OPWDD eligibility and be enrolled in the Home & Community Based Services Medicaid waiver at the time classes begin.
2. Have an Individual Services Plan (ISP) that supports program course/goals.
3. This is a two year, non-credit bearing and job readiness training certificate program.
Will be accepted from March 15 – April 15, 2018 for the fall semester.
These applications will be reviewed by May 1st, and selection interviews will take place during the month of May.
We also would like to share information about our upcoming Open House as our flyer is not ready for distribution at this time. We’ve planned two sessions for interested parties to attend on the DCC campus:
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 from 10 – 2 in Bowne Hall, Room 105
Thursday, April 5, 2018 from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm in Bowne Hall, Room 122
We hope these sessions help answer your questions about the program, and provide opportunities to meet current participants in attendance.
Applications are available on the Dutchess Community College website.