Dutchess County Department of Community & Family Services
Dutchess County Department of Community & Family Services (DCFS)
To meet the needs of the County’s vulnerable population, as provided by social services law, in a courteous, fair and efficient manner with the aim of restoring each beneficiary to maximum independence.
Goals and Objectives:
- Provide assistance to eligible individuals and families while assisting clients to achieve their full potential.
- Conduct thorough eligibility investigations;
- Apply rules, regulations and local policies objectively, consistently and uniformly;
- Provide clients with all of the benefits to which they are entitled;
- Work cooperatively as divisions to meet the separate needs of clients while preserving the integrity of each individual;
- Maintain professionalism in all contacts.
- Develop and make available to families and individuals services that will strengthen the family unit, encourage stability in living arrangements, and provide for specialized care.
- Provide protective services to children and adults at risk.
- Provide adequate information to the general public regarding our programs and services and maintain adequate knowledge of community services to act as a referral source.
Administer benefits and determine eligibility for Temporary Assistance, SNAP (Supplemental Needs Assistance Program), Daycare and Medicaid. Provide Adult Protective Services and Children’s Protective Services to the community. Administer Foster Care Program and Youth Services Bureau. Oversees Medicaid Waiver enrollment for the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver and the Care at Home (CAH level I/II) waiver